by ipdesign |
December 15th, 2011 |
The holidays are fast approaching, and it’s never too early to enhance your holiday decor. For inspiration, here’are a few GREAT ideas to make this season your most beautiful ever!
1. Let there be LIGHT! Soft, glowing light is complementary to you and your guests. Once you’ve turned the lights down low, bring out the candles by the boxful. From tall and tapered to short and stout, candles set a celebratory tone. For the most dramatic impact, group candles just as you would any other collectible. You could even consider displaying them on a silver platter.
2. Haul out the Holly! When choosing plants to help add holiday cheer, think beyond the traditional poinsettias. Fill metallic vases with bouquest of fresh flowers and holly. Or choose beautifully shaped topiaries covered with red cock’s comb or pepperberries.
3. Sparkle and Shine! Holiday ornaments aren’t just for holiday trees anymore. How about displaying some in an oversized bowl or clear glass urn and set the arrangement on your coffee table. You can even use round glass balls as place cards by writing each guest’s name on them, and set them around your holiday table.
4. Wrap it up with Ribbon! Ribbon can be used for much more than wrapping presents. Use French wire ribbon, in a variety of widths, to tie bows on your holiday tree. Or instead of a garland of greenery, wrap your bannister with ribbon. You can also hang holiday cards from your mantle or shelf using narrow ribbons in holiday colors.
5. The Wonder of Wreaths. Whether you prefer wreaths made of natural materials or some of the lovely permanent florals on the market today, wreaths are an absolute muswt for any holiday home. In addition to their traditional place on the front door, or over the mantle, smaller wreaths can be used as curtain tiebacks or even napkin rings!